Spain’s Minister of State for Sports, Victor Francos, said most members of the Spanish women’s team had agreed to end their boycott.
The agreement was reached at 05:00 local time on Wednesday after more than seven hours of meetings.
Two of the 23 players called up for UEFA Nations League matches this month have chosen to withdraw from the squad.
Francos said the Spanish Football Federation was committed to making “immediate and profound changes.”
The players began the boycott after the then president of the Spanish Federation, Luis Rubiales, accepted striker Jenny Hermoso, following Spain’s victory over England in the Women’s World Cup final last month.
The kiss, which Hermoso said was not consensual, led to Rubiales’ resignation, while Spain coach Jorge Villeda was sacked.
Spain is scheduled to play Sweden on Friday and Switzerland on Tuesday in the European Nations League.
“It is good news to be able to say that the team will play the next two matches with guarantees,” said Francos, head of the Spanish government’s National Sports Agency.
He added that the decision was reached after “friendly” talks in Valencia, in which the players and officials of the Spanish Football Federation, the Sustainable Development Committee and the women’s players’ union FutePro participated.
Francos said: “A joint committee will be established between the Spanish Football Federation, the Sustainable Development Committee and the players to follow up on the agreements that will be signed tomorrow.”
“The players have expressed their concern about the need for profound changes to the Spanish Football Federation, which has committed to making these changes immediately.”
Francos said players who chose not to play would not face sanctions, and that their decision was “highly respected.” The players could have faced fines or suspension from the national team for not showing up for international duty.
New coach Montse Toomey on Monday named 15 players who were part of the World Cup squad in her squad for the UEFA Nations League matches.
After it was announced, the players posted a statement saying the boycott was still in place, and that they had been “put in a position we never wanted to be in.”
They said they intend to explore the potential legal implications of being subpoenaed against their wishes.
Tommy Hermoso was removed from the team to “protect” her.
Hermoso said the selection of players boycotting the team showed that “nothing has changed” in the Spanish Federation.
The CSD said a committee will be established to monitor the agreed changes, which will focus on equality policies, progress on equal pay and improving infrastructure for women’s sport.
“The players see it as a convergence of positions. The vast majority have decided to stay for the sake of this agreement,” said Amanda Gutierrez, president of Futpro.
“It’s the beginning of a long road ahead of us.”
The Spanish players traveled to the training camp in Valencia on Tuesday.
When asked by reporters at Barcelona airport how she felt about the situation, midfielder and two-time Ballon d’Or winner Alexia Putellas said: “Well, bad.”
It was Rubiales Forbidden from approaching within 200 meters of Hermoso after filing a legal complaint.
Rubiales, who appeared in court for the first time on Friday, denied sexually assaulting Hermoso.